If there’s a problem with a purchase, the 118CBD Money Back Guarantee ensures that buyers receive the item they ordered, or get their money back.
Buyers can use the 118CBD Money Back Guarantee process when:
- An item isn’t received
- An item received doesn’t match the listing
Most sellers work with buyers to quickly resolve issues, but if a solution isn’t reached, we can help. We work with sellers to ensure that buyers either get the item they paid for or get their money back.
Purchases are covered by the 118CBD Money Back Guarantee when all of the following are true:
- An item isn’t received or it isn’t as described in the listing.
- A buyer reports that they didn’t receive an item or requests a return within the 118CBD Money Back Guarantee timelines.
- The purchases were made on 118cbd.com
- The items were paid for in a single payment
- Items collected in person also covered, provided all of the above conditions are met.
What’s not covered
- Buyer’s remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s returns policy for returns options);
- Duplicate claims through other resolution methods;
- Items sent to another address after original delivery; or
- Items damaged during collection.
- Collection items damaged during shipment when shipment arranged by the buyer.
- Items collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer.
- Items not collected by the buyer.
When a buyer doesn’t receive an item
If a buyer doesn’t receive an item, the buyer needs to submit a request to report that the item hasn’t arrived. The seller should address the buyer’s concern and provide updates on the delivery of the item, tracking information, or a refund.
If the buyer isn’t happy with the seller’s response or doesn’t receive a response, the buyer can ask us to step in and help.
If asked to step in and help, we review the information provided by the buyer and seller for evidence of successful on-time delivery to the buyer’s address, or proof of collection by the buyer.
Information required to prove a successful on-time delivery is all of the following:
- Tracking number uploaded on to the site by the seller before the estimated delivery date;
- A delivery status of “delivered” (or equivalent in the country to which the item was delivered);
- The date of delivery;
- The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent); and
- Signature confirmation, if an item has a total cost of £750 or more.
If we determine that the item wasn’t successfully delivered or collected, we refund the full cost of the item and original postage. The seller is required to reimburse 118CBD for the amount of the refund.
When an item doesn’t match the listing
If a buyer receives an item that doesn’t match the listing, the buyer needs to submit a request to return the item. The seller should address the buyer’s concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return or offering a replacement or refund.
If the buyer doesn’t receive a response and a solution, or returns the item but doesn’t receive a refund or replacement from the seller, the buyer can ask us to step in and help.
If asked to step in and help, we review the listing, photos of the item if provided by the buyer or seller, plus any other information about the item that the buyer and seller provide. If we can’t determine that the item matches the listing, if the seller has already offered a return, or the sellers stated return window and policy applies, we may ask the buyer to return the item to the seller.
When an item is returned to the seller.
- The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.
- Buyers are liable for any loss in value of the item if this loss in value is attributed to handling which is not necessary for the purpose of checking the quality, characteristics and functioning of the item. The seller may deduct the amount of loss from the amount reimbursed to buyer.
- The seller is required to accept the return at the same location specified in the listing.
- The cost of return postage is the seller’s responsibility. For items being returned with a total cost of £750 or more, signature confirmation is required.
- The seller pays for any customs charges on the returned item.
The seller may provide a shipping label. If the buyer chooses to purchase a postage label, the buyer won’t be refunded by 118CBD for the cost of the label.
After confirming that the item was returned to the seller, we refund the cost of the item less any loss in value (if applicable) and original postage. We require the seller to reimburse us for the amount. Find out more about reimbursement.
If the seller chooses to offer the buyer an untracked returns label, the buyer will not be required to provide proof of delivery of the return if 118CBD is asked to step in. The seller will be responsible for the reimbursement amount.
When an item isn’t returned to the seller
In some cases, we may not require that an item
- The seller chooses not to accept a return request or provide or fund a return postage label.
- The item location was misrepresented.
- It’s hazardous to post the item back.
- The item no longer has a value, for example products with an expiration date.
Alternatively, with the buyer’s consent, we may give a partial refund to cover differences between how the item was described in the listing and the actual item that was received. When given a partial refund, a buyer isn’t asked to return the item to the seller. The seller is required to reimburse 118CBD for the partial refund.
If a buyer reports that an item is counterfeit and there are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, 118CBD may not require the buyer to return the item to the seller. The buyer agrees to cooperate with us to ensure the proper disposal of the item. In such cases, we refund the buyer for the full cost of the item and original postage, and the seller reimburses us for the refund. The buyer may not sell the item on 118CBD or elsewhere.
Item not received/collected
- A buyer can report that they didn’t receive/were unable to collect an item once the item’s latest estimated delivery/collection date has passed and for 30 days after the latest estimated delivery/collection date.
- The seller has 8 days from the report to respond to the buyer or offer a solution. If the seller does not respond or offer a solution, the buyer can ask us to step in and help. The seller must have uploaded the tracking information for the item on to the site before the buyer asks us to step in and help for it to be considered.
If the buyer doesn’t ask us to step in and help within 21 days of reporting that they didn’t receive/were unable to collect an item, the request closes automatically.
Item not as described
- A buyer must request a return no later than 30 days after the collection date or the actual (or latest estimated) delivery date, or, if the seller’s return window is longer, within the return window.
- The seller has 8 days from the request to respond to the buyer with a solution. If the seller does not respond with a solution, the buyer can ask us to step in and help. The buyer must ship the item back to the seller within 14 days from when the buyer submits the return request.
- If the seller doesn’t issue a refund within 2 business days of the item’s delivery to the seller, we will automatically issue the buyer a full refund on the seller’s behalf. The seller will be required to reimburse us for such refunds. Learn more about reimbursement.
Latest estimated delivery/collection date
When we have no information about
Extended timelines for 118CBD Money Back Guarantee coverage
In some limited situations, we may extend the period of time in which a buyer is eligible for the 118CBD Money Back Guarantee. This extra time allows us to take into consideration the buyer’s location, the postal service used, a seller’s extended return window, national holidays, e.g. Christmas, or delays due to circumstances such a natural disaster, national emergency, labour strike, or governmental act or other instances such as fraud. In most instances, when we extend timelines for 118CBD Money Back Guarantee coverage, in cases where the seller is responsible for requests opened during such extended timeline, we’ll notify sellers with a notification within the Vendor Dashboard.
Buyers and sellers have an opportunity within 30 days from when we make a decision about a transaction issue to appeal the decision by providing appropriate documentation. We reserve the right to seek reimbursement from the seller if a buyer successfully appeals.
Refunds to buyers
Refunds from 118CBD are via bank transfer. In the event, we’re unable to send refunds, we may provide refunds by vouchers redeemable for future purchases on 118CBD.
Seller funds, reimbursements, and fees
After a buyer reports that they didn’t receive an item or requests a return, or when a buyer asks us to step in and help, a seller’s funds may be held or a minimum rolling reserve put in place.
If a seller is required to reimburse the buyer or 118CBD, the reimbursement amount is deducted from their 118CBD Account Balance. You can also find further details about Reimbursements in our User Agreement.
Using other programmes to address a concern
Buyers can’t use more than one resolution method to get a refund. After selecting a resolution process (118CBD Money Back Guarantee or requesting a chargeback from their payment provider) a buyer is required to use that process for the duration of the case.
If a buyer files a chargeback, any cases opened with 118CBD Money Back Guarantee for the same transaction are immediately closed.
Fraudulent claims may include:
- A buyer opening excessive requests or duplicate requests using other programmes.
- A buyer colluding with a seller to wrongly declare an item’s value for customs.
- A buyer filing a chargeback after receiving a refund.
Buyers who file fraudulent claims are subject to consequences outlined in the Abusing 118CBD section of the User Agreement. In addition, we reserve the right to indefinitely suspend the buyer’s coverage under the 118CBD Money Back Guarantee.
- Buyers and sellers permit us to make final decisions about all cases, including appeals.
- We may provide buyers and sellers with access to each other’s names, user IDs, contact information, and other information relating to a request.
- 118CBD Money Back Guarantee is not a product warranty.
- In some situations limited cases, we may open a request on behalf of the buyer. This may include situations in which a seller is suspended for fraudulent activity or no tracking information has been added to an order.